Learn to Skate
Develop a new skill and a lifelong love of skating with our Learn to Skate program. Classes are offered by registering with the City of Maryland Heights Department of Recreation.
About the Learn to Skate Program
The Centene Community Ice Center offers classes for figure skating, hockey and just for fun from ages 3 to adult. No experience is required. Price includes 5 free public skating passes (passes expire on last day of the session) and skate rental is included during classes. New classes start every 6 weeks. The next classes start:
Tuesdays, April 6-May 11
- 5:10-5:40 p.m. (Snow Plow Sam 1, Basic 1, Hockey 1, Adult 1 & 2)
- 5:45-6:15 p.m. (All other levels)
Saturday, April 10-May 15
- 10:05-10:35 a.m. (Stroking and Edging, Jump and Spin, Intro to Synchro, Freeskate 1-6)
- 10:40-11:10 a.m. (Snow Plow Sam 1, Basic 1, Hockey 1, Adult 1 & 2)
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. (All other levels)
Each session is $90 for non-residents, $80 for Maryland Heights residents plus an annual $16 Learn to Skate USA membership.
Learn to Skate Levels
- Snowplow Sam Levels 1-4 (Ages 3-5): Designed for kids under six to build confidence while learning to skate incorporating fun and games making class time an enjoyable experience for all.
- Basic Skills Levels 1-6 (Ages 6-16): These lessons put the FUN in fundamentals as your skaters enjoy learning the basics of ice skating. This program contains six different levels.
- Hockey Levels 1-4 (Ages 7-16): Before you can score a goal, you need to learn to skate. In the hockey program, skaters will learn how to be proficient and agile on the ice.
- Low Freestyle 1-3 & High Freestyle 4-6 (must pass Basic 6): Transitions, spins and jumps. More progressive skating skills like these give more determined skaters like yours challenges they crave.
- Adult 1-6 (Ages 17+): Ice skating is for the kid in all of us. The adult curriculum is designed for beginning and experienced skaters who wish to improve their skills.
How to Enroll
- RETURNING PARTICIPANTS: Click here to register. The first time you log in, your username is your phone number (including area code, no dashes or spaces). Your password is your last name.
- FIRST TIME PARTICIPANTS: First, you will need to register with Learn to Skate USA by clicking here. Once you have your Learn to Skate USA membership number, click here to email Britney and Jennifer your name and the date you would like to sign up.
Learn To Skate USA
Learn to Skate programs make skating fun and safe for all as they grow an everlasting love for this sport. Through our updated curriculum and our certified, passionate instructors, we build solid skill progression to grow self-esteem in both kids and adults while providing them the resources to reach their hopes and dreams.
For additional information, please contact Assistant General Manager- Brandon Schultz.